Re: Saturday's Calaveras Clockwise ride -- CANCELED

Donna Luporini Kaplan

We are canceling tomorrow’s Calaveras Clockwise ride because rain is forecasted throughout the day.

The ride now becomes a Show and Go; If you decide to ride, be ride safely.

From: Donna Kaplan <luporini@...>
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2019 7:57 AM
To: info@ffbc.groups.io
Subject: Saturday's Calaveras Clockwise ride

Hello!

We would like to invite you to ride with us on the Calaveras Clockwise ride tomorrow, but I am here to say that in all likelihood it will be cancelled due to rain. We will keep an eye on the weather forecasts and will send out final notification (of cancellation or otherwise) later tonight, or at 6:00am tomorrow morning at the very latest.

Donna and Mike

Calaveras Clockwise

When   Sat, December 7, 8:30am – 1:00pm

Where  Downtown Niles parking lot across from H St at Niles Blvd (map)

Description   Length: 41 miles; Elevation: 2335 feet
Terrain: 3; Pace: M, B

NOTE FOR WEEKEND RIDES: Riders arriving by car are asked to park in the unpaved parking area south of the train station.

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start. This is our traditional "1st Saturday of the Month" ride. We will meet in the Niles parking lot and ride up Niles Canyon into Sunol then on to Calaveras. Our traditional route brings us out in Milpitas and we return via a route that stays close to the hills. Bring $$ for a coffee stop at Noah’s/Starbucks in Milpitas.

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to
https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled.

RidewithGPS URL:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29124284

M: Donna Kaplan: